Canopee Engineering Ltd is looking for a creative mechanical engineer to complete its consulting team in Mauritius.
Canopee Engineering Ltd is looking for a creative Mechanical Engineer to work on all project stages from conception through to construction and final commissioning.
- using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project;
- working with detailed diagrams, plans and drawings;
- managing and forecasting spend, using whole life cycle costing techniques, ensuring that work is kept to budget and energy efficient systems are implemented;
- designing site-specific equipment as required;
- overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures;
- monitoring building systems and processes;
- making decisions about expired systems equipment and the appropriate location of new equipment;
- liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors and in-house project teams;
- attending a range of project group and technical meetings;
- ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements;
- advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint;
- Working on a variety of projects within a short period of time.
- Registration with the Council of Registered Professional Engineers of Mauritius
- BSc degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Proven working experience in mechanical engineering and building services in the constrcution industry
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and drawing tools (AutoCAD)
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc)
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner in both English and French
- Technical writing skills
- Valid Driving Licence