Horizon Holidays Ltd is looking for an experienced Housekeeping Supervisor to work in a few different resorts at Black River
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
• On the Job Training (training of maids/valets).
• Plan, organise and control all areas of Housekeeping department as per standards (including apartments, store, mess area).
• Coordinate & supervise cleaning activities of all house staffs.
• Ensure housekeeping procedures are followed.
• Ensure that the team projects a warm, professional and welcome image.
• Establish and maintain effective interpersonal relations and take active interest in the welfare, safety & development of the team.
• Organize morning meetings with Resort Manager.
• Prepare and ensure that duty roster for the weekend/public holiday is done such that there is complete coverage at all times and to minimize overtime costs.
• Follow up on punctuality, controls absenteeism and keep the Resort Manager updated for actions.
• Ensure high level of quality being delivered at all times.
• Keep Resort Manager informed of customers’ complaints.
• Draft and prepare a variety of documents, including welcome letters, inventory sheets, laundry sheets.
• Assist in carrying out and managing arrival/departure and monthly’s Apartment Inventory in collaboration with Resort Manager.
• Monitor and control inventories of cleaning equipment, cleaning products and uniform.
• Ensure good storage of amenities, consumables and other stocks for apartments.
• Responsible of cleaning products, consumables, apartments’ inventories and request for replenishment.
• Keep key control by updating a key record book and checked at the end of each shift.
• Liaise with Resort Manager regarding arrivals and departures.
• Communicate Rooming List and arrival/departure time with house staffs.
• Liaise with Resort Manager and house staff for changes related to arrival/departure.
• Liaise with Resort Manager and house staff for information and notices to place in apartments.
• Inspect apartments on a regular basis and report issues and anomalies to Resort Manager.
• Minimum SC is required as educational background, with vocational training
• At least 1 year experience in a similar position
• Computer literacy – Conversant in Excel & Word
• Hard-worker and dedicated
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Team Player
• Excellent work etiquette standards
OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
• Morality Certificate and reference(s) from previous job(s) will be required
• Preference will be given to candidates living in the West (Albion till Le Morne) and Quatre Bornes.
IMPORTANT : Kindly apply only if you have the above mentioned profile.
Rs 17000-Rs 22000 depending on experience