Being an innovative start-up in the field of Nutrition/Health and Wellness, we are actively seeking potential candidates for the post of Laboratory Technician (YEP trainee), who shall contribute to the development of an IR spectrometric nutritional database of the DietSensor application.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Identify and categorise food items available on the market to cover specific food groups.
- Prepare samples for analysis, which may include cooking processes.
- Calculate nutritional values of processed samples using Excel.
- Carry out scanning of samples based on agreed protocols and procedures within a specific time frames.
- Ensure that laboratory records are accurately maintained including data entry for food samples, experimental results, issues encountered as well as reports.
- Create chemometric models and analyse test results.
- Participate actively in the development and improvement of protocols.
- Provide assistance in the R&D and quality department.
- Ensure compliance to QC requirements within procedures.
Candidate profile (Education and Experience)
- possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Nutritional Sciences or related fields, with at least 2 years’ working experience in laboratory environment. Experience in Quality Management Systems and/or IR spectrometry would be desirable.
- be computer literate (MS Office).
- be fluent in both English and French.
- Registered or eligible for registration under the YEP program
- Enthusiastic and pro-active approach to promote and improve work standards
- Excellent attention to details and deliver high quality reports
- Take initiatives and participate actively in change
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Have the “can do” attitude and strive for improvement
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of thinking independently
- Excellent team player
- Flexible and result oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
This post is available immediately and only selected candidates will be called upon for interviews.
For more details, visit our website on www.dietsensor.com
The laboratory being located in Tamarin, only candidates within 45mins travel time will be considered