- Port Louis
- 10,000 - 20,000
- Added 29/05/2017
- Closing 28/06/2017
- Human Resources SDI
SDI Ltd, a logistics and leading company in the International Removal of Personal and Household Goods is looking for
a dynamic and enthusiastic Import/Export Coordinator.
To provide the shipping of personal and household effects, live animal and other goods by establishing export/import and shipping documents to overseas country/Mauritian Customs. An export/import coordinator works with customs agents, warehouse staff, shipping companies, overseas agents, and clients and helps with shipping, receiving and record keeping for international transactions.
- You will have to handle shipment that is shipped using sea, air and road freight. You will be responsible for managing the full Export/Import process for shipment from start to finish and liaise with overseas agents, customers, offices and partners.
- You will need to work with Airlines for air cargo and Shipping Line companies for FCL (full container load) and LCL (less container loads). You will need to complete the customs procedures and work with appointed routed agents and company operated services.
- You will need to receive and collate with all export paper work. You shall be responsible for the allocation of all necessary information and details for the booking either online or by mail and process of shipment in accordance to standard operating procedure.
- You will be responsible for all costing job and ensuring maximum profitability for the company while remaining competitive on the market.
- You will need to be able to manage tight deadlines and sometimes in difficult situations; an element of negotiation skills is required to be able to meet timescale and finding alternative solutions.
- You will be part of a team of people who are responsible for the movement of goods to another country, ensuring the transit and delivery is made on time. This means that you will liaise regularly with overseas agents, partners, agents and customers, therefore excellent communication skills are essential.
- Liaise with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant export/import activities and support in relation to the organization's sales, purchasing, materials management, production and overall operating functions.
- Manage/liaise with stock control, warehousing and distribution activities influenced by or reliant upon import/export activities.
- Maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant ICT (Information & Communications Technology) and other systems within the import/export function.
- Minimum HSC Holder with Good grades
- Fully computer literate and at ease with Microsoft Office
- Fluent in communication - French & English (Written & Spoken)
- Good organisation and planning skills
- High sense of devotion and responsibility
- Dynamic and fast learner
- Able to work under pressure and in a team
- A valid driving licence will be an advantage.
- Knowhow of the Import/Export Industry will be an advantage
M3 Motorway (Behind Engen) Industrial Zone Riche Terre
Mon - Fri : 7.30am to 4:30pm
Sat : 7.30am to 12.30pm
Method of Application
CV to be sent to myjob.mu - No Phone Calls required