The candidate will perform various administrative and secretarial activities to assist with the administration of trusts and corporate client affairs, as well as assisting with certain aspects of the management of and supporting the other members of the trust and corporate team.
The Team Leader Corporate Client Services will be expected to:
Provide additional managerial and administrative support to the Corporate Clients Transactional Services team and other teams in the office such as:
Management and administrative support in relation to the Corporate Client Transactional Services workgroup regarding:
- Ensuring that required procedures and templates are in place and applied;
- Ensuring all systems are updated and utilized to their maximum;
- Supervising and implementing local office, service line and team projects;
- Supervising an on-going client review programme;
- Reviewing team workloads and ensuring that workloads are properly balanced;
- Monitor and manage the performance of the team as well as individual team members, including setting up KPI aligned to job description and development of staff;
- Ensuring staff are fully utilised;
- Ensuring back-up is in place in case of staff being on holiday, ill or absent for other reasons;
- Coordinating staff development and training;
- Assessing operational risk and working on solutions to mitigate same;
- Monitoring of and reducing operational errors;
- Compliance/ risk monitoring and management;
- Assisting in compiling budgets;
- Ensuring staff deal with internal requests in a timely manner;
- Managing performance within the team;
- Reviewing management reports received in order to effectively manage the team on a daily basis; and
- Other ad hoc activities as required.
Administrative duties relating to the administration of trusts and corporate client affairs, with some secretarial duties, to include:
- Attending to the administration of trusts, corporate client affairs and related matters, including but not limited to:
- Implementing instructions from the Trustees, Key Account Managers, Trust and Corporate Administration Team Leader;
- Written and telephonic communication with intermediaries such as investment managers and banks (client and intermediary relationship management);
- attending to the compliance requirements of,inter alia, the Master of the High Court, Financial Services Commission, Registrar of Companies, Mauritius Revenue Authority, SARS and other compliance requirements e.g. tax returns, FICA, FATCA and FAIS compliance etc.,
- entering data onto our client administration system;
- invoicing fees, billing and debtors management;
- regular file reviews;
- assisting with or attending to the preparation of trust and corporate documents;
- Review of board packs, attending board and/or shareholder’s meeting, and ensuring all the formalities pre and post meetings have been adhered to;
- Working with colleagues based in other offices;
- Assisting with general trust and corporate client administrative functions such as compliance with regulatory legislation (including but not limited to the Financial Services Act 2007, the Securities Act 2005 , the Companies Act 2001, the Trust Act 2001, the Financial Intelligence and Anti Money Laundering Act 2002, the Income Tax Act 1995, FICA, FAIS), the use of various IT systems, banking administration and so on;
- Managing specific projects in the office as and when they arise;
- File administration, including the opening of files, filing documents in both hard and soft copy, putting files to records and generally ensuring files that are kept in an orderly manner and up-to-date; and
- Answering the telephone and email, to deal with enquiries from clients, intermediaries, Key Account Managers and the Trust and Corporate Administration Manager.
- Review of management accounts, financial statements and financial summaries;
- Planning and monitoring of audit timetable to ensure audits are completed within client and statutory deadlines;
- Monitor and assist the accountants with their accounting tasks to ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of work being produced within the deadlines set by the client.
Responsibility for Risk Management:
- Responsibility for managing risk in the Corporate Client Services team, by reviewing processes and ensuring that adequate controls are in place to mitigate risk;
- Monitoring the control environment & culture to ensure that controls are effective and efficient
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will have a:
- Suitable commercial or legal qualification relevant to the duties and responsibilities listed below is an added advantage.
- Mnimum of five to seven years’ current experience in trust and corporate administration including experience in administration involving the use of company secretarial skills, experience of leading or assisting with the management of a small team and intermediary relationship management skills.
- Highly organised, efficient and professional with excellent administrative, organisational, and management skills.
- Ability to work confidently, proactively, use initiative, be decisive and to perform when under pressure.
- Capacity to work under supervision as a member of a team, to assist with the supervision of various operational and managerial aspects of a team and independently when required to do so.
- Excellent computer skills, the capability to learn new systems with confidence and in particular a good knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office (2010) including Excel, Word and Outlook email;
- Experience using and building databases.
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with clients and intermediaries of the business;
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management and function effectively in a team while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Honesty and integrity of the highest order and respect for the confidentiality of clients' affairs.
- A flexible, dynamic and enthusiastic approach and an interest in the fiduciary services business.