RESPONSIBILITIES Our client, a financial services and tertiary education / research services provider is looking to recruit a Security Engineer for its operations in Cameroun. We are looking for a Security Engineer who is passionate about security and staying ahead of all possible threats to t ...
Our client, a financial services and tertiary education / research services provider is looking to recruit a Security Engineer for its operations in Cameroun.
We are looking for a Security Engineer who is passionate about security and staying ahead of all possible threats to the system. You will be working with our development team to ensure that our network and technology stack is watertight. You will become thoroughly familiar with our architecture, helping to direct its development. You will provide regular reports of potential vulnerabilities and risk profiles. Good communication skills are critical to efficiently coordinate with our team and build a secure end product as well as report and present to senior management.
• Actively look for security vulnerabilities in our application and network, reporting issues and describing possible solutions.
• Design and maintain our security infrastructure.
• Stay up to date with security news, keeping an eye out for the latest vulnerabilities and remedies emerging in the field.
• Actively liaise with the development team to ensure a secure architecture.
• Actively liaise with the development team to ensure thorough automated testing of all source code (e.g., via Test-Driven Development).
• Provide regular reports auditing our current services and latest changes, as well as our internal practices.
• Monitor our server traffic, ticketing and reporting unusual packets.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related field
• At least 5 years experience in large designs and coordinating project teams in financial services industry
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Relevant certification, such as CCNA or OWSE.
• Thorough understanding of potential attack vectors such as XSS, injection, hijacking, social engineering, and so on.
• Thorough understanding of cryptographic primitives and their underlying principles.
• Thorough understanding of networking protocols, such as TCP/IP.
• Thorough understanding of HTTP and HTTPS, as well as their underlying implementations.
• Thorough understanding of Content Delivery Networks and their integration into applications.
• Basic programming proficiency, sufficient to write and execute scripts from the command line.
• Active in the security community. Regularly attends meetups or conferences.
• Contributes to open source projects, or creates purpose built tools for security work.
• Working understanding of Agile Development processes.
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to translate complex ideas into simple solutions on paper.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions:
• Based in Yaoundé, Cameroun
• 2 year contract, renewable based on performance and mutual agreement
• A tax free salary with accommodation provided
• Yearly flight tickets to Mauritius