Maintenance Operation Manger
- Port Louis
- Not disclosed
- Added 07/06/2017
- Closing 07/07/2017
To manage and control the maintenance department of Meaders Feeds including the overseeing of outsourced contracts, the asset portfolio of Meaders Feeds to required standards set by the company. To within the budgetary limits and parameters of the law, and to ensure satisfaction of Meaders Feeds.
Duties & Reponsibilities:
- Attend to emergency interventions at the different buildings of Meaders Feeds assets portfolio.
- Be available at all times, or to cause appropriate staff to intervene in maintenance ‘’emergency’ i.e be responsible for the department staff who should be available.
- Maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
- Maintain fire protection systems and equipment
- Assist with preparation of Maintenance and improvement plans
- Maintain, repair and install electrical components, equipment and fixtures, rehabilitate fuse panels
- Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment and initials reordering when necessary
- Prepare activities reports and work order reports
- Plan work schedules for employees, adjust schedules to meet for vacations and sickness
- The ability to work from blueprints, drawings and sketches is required.
- Gathering ongoing information throughout the year that may assist the budgeting process, report and submit to your manager
- Prepare reports, analyses data, and makes recommendations from improving operations and solving maintenance-related problems as outlined in the policies and procedures.
- To be the main liaison person for outsourced contractors with regards to Meaders Feeds Property assets.
- Provide leadership, guidance and counselling to staff
- Work with minimum supervision and initiates scheduling and planning the work of his crews
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of maintenance
- Must have mechanical and electrical skills and certificates
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to complete tasks in limited time
- The ability to communicate clearly in English or French, both orally and in writing as well as to make accurate arithmetic computations.
- Track data using the computerized maintenance system.
- Open to new ideas and adaptable to changing technology.