Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
Senior HR Officer:
- Organizational departmental planning;
- performance management and improvement systems;
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns regarding employees;
- Employee onboarding, development, needs assessment, and training;
- Employee relations;
- Compensation and benefits administration;
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health;
- Employee services and counselling
- Development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals
- Responsible for accurate and timely payroll processing
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company on any topic associated with employee relations and employee rights.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs. Reviews employee appeals through the company complaint procedure.
- Establishes the company wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversees the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
- Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Monitors all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
- Leads participation in at least one salary survey per year. Monitors best practices in compensation and benefits through research and up-to-date information on available products
- Designs, directs and manages a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Manages a process of organizational planning that evaluates company structure, job design, and personnel forecasting throughout the company. Evaluates plans and changes to plans. Makes recommendations to executive management and CEO.
- Identifies and monitors the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction
- Manages the company-wide committees including the wellness, training, environmental health and safety, activity, and culture and communications committees.
- Keeps the CEO and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Proven experience as HR Manager, administrator or other HR position
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of Sicorax
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- BSC/BA in business administration, social studies or relevant field; further training will be a plus
- HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute)