Welcome guests, cater for their needs at the Front Desk during their stay and collecting payments from guests ensuring a pleasant departure
- Ensure that there are enough cold towels for arrivals/visit; flowers, papers and stationary.
- Welcome and check in for guests, taking into account of the established standards (choice of suitable room, completion of bookings and entry into the computer, safeguarding payment, luggage organisation), including group arrivals.
- Check out of departing guests in accordance with the established standards (drawing up of guests’ bills, processing using the computer system).
- Responsible for the cash inventory allocated to her/him, i. e. daily check, declaring shortfalls and separate calculation of tips.
- Daily checks on the credit limit list in agreement with the Front Desk Manager
- Cashing cheques and bills of exchange in foreign currencies for hotel guests in accordance with the credit policy. (Forex/Paid Out)
- Carry out administrative tasks (sorting in and sorting out of vouchers, etc.), including filing of Registration card, documents, bills /departure list for next day & files folio rack.
- Carry out correct cashing up and adjustment of errors in collaboration with Finance Department (Rebates)
- Can work independently on the central telephone switchboard (acceptance and passing on of telephone calls, faxes, messages, etc.) and take over shifts when necessary.
- Aware of the emergency equipment on the telephone switchboard, how to use it and what to do in cases of emergency.
- Be available for guests at all times as a point of contact and co-responsibility for appropriate treatment of guest complaints, passing on and documenting such complaints.
- Prepare daily planning/event /weekly planning
- Call guests for early departure/day use departure.
- Posting of guests checks in their respective room number.
- Inform the housekeepers with regard to special requests, early and late departures, changes of room and other information important for the department. (Room move, day use dept/arrival)