The finance manager engages in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the operations of the treasury department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Maintain banking relationships
- Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure
- Arrange for equity and debt financing
- Invest funds
- Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows
- Should be able to ensure accuracy in and file in a timely manner:
- PAYE return;
- TDS return;
- NPF/NSF return;
- Annual employee return;
- Annual TDS return;
- Liaise with MRA concerning discrepancies and find most reasonable options available to company.
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals
- Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
- Propose auditors to Board of Directors.
- Act as liaison between auditors and Board of Directors.
- Ensure audit recommendations are acted upon.
- Ensure Audit is completed in timely manner.
- Provide guidance for respecting the Companies Act.
- Implement recommendations of the board.
- Oversee application of internal control requirements of the board of Directors.
- Assist the board with formulating proper strategies for the future.
- Certified Chartered Accountant – Min. 2 years Post Qualification Experience.
- Member of MIPA.
- Proactive, team player, good communication skills, flexible.