SAFYR UTILIS LTD, a Management Company regulated by the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius and accredited with the Chartered Institute of Taxation (UK) as Chartered Tax Adviser, is currently recruiting a Fund & Corporate Accounting Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, supervise and coach the team of client accounting executives on daily tasks;
- Ensure adherence to accounting processes and procedures and quality controls in respect of preparation, finalisation and filing of client financial statements;
- Take responsibility for completion of fund and corporate accounting tasks within the prescribed internal and external statutory and non-statutory deadlines;
- Review documents including management accounts, statutory financial statements in line with the prescribed models as applicable, tax returns, ledgers, trial balances, reports, analyses and spreadsheets for portfolio allocated;
- Liaise with auditors;
- Report to management on key accounting issues and communicate accounting issues/changes that might be of relevance to the Company or to Client Companies;
- Ensure safe custody of all client files relating to entities under the allocated portfolio;
- Ensure that risk is managed and monitored within the allocated portfolio and according to compliance and risks guidelines set by the Company;
- Contribute to the achievement of the Division’s targets and set deadlines;
- Assist in the development/implementation of corrective actions for resolution of problematic issues;
- Generally deliver a seamless service to internal and external clients of the Company.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- ACCA certified accountant with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the financial sector. Master degree would be an advantage;
- Hands-on, self-motivated and naturally organised individual;
- Great attitude and team leadership skills;
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.