- Black River
- Added 17/02/2017
- Closing 26/02/2017
Adecco is an International HR and Consultancy firm. Our client, a fiduciary company, is looking for a Compliance Assistant.
Reporting to the Compliance Officer, the Money Laundering Reporting Officer and the Head of Risk. The successful candidate will assist the Head of Risk with:
- Review of take-ons and transfer ins.
- Review of terminations and transfer outs.
- Control over pending terminations and transfers out.
- Appointment as a second Compliance Signatory.
- Responsibility for the proper application of all Global Business Companies and related dealings with the FSC and legal advisors.
- Management of the annual client entity Periodic Review programme.
- Compilation of the quarterly compliance report to the Company board of directors and presenting the report to the board at the quarterly board meeting.
- Management and control over the manager’s compilation and presentation of their teams Key Performance Indicators.
- Ongoing review and revision to the Company policies, procedures, guidance notes, checklists, application forms and manuals.
- Providing support to managers and other staff for day to day client risk queries.
- Responsibility for any annual reliable introducer testing by the Company bankers and other third parties.
- Control and management of any ad-hoc Risk/Regulatory related projects.
- Responsibility for the Company Secretaries Limited quarterly returns.
- Higher School Certificate.
- University degree or relevant compliance certificates / qualifications.
- Minimum 3-5 years compliance experience.
- Knowledge of Mauritius regulatory system and Code.
- A good working knowledge of how to operate Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of manual and/or electronic risk systems.
- Thorough understanding of relevant regulations on Mauritius Global Business License financial reporting and filing requirements.
Skills and Attributes:
- Good people management skills.
- Numerate, diligent and organised.
- Well-developed communication skills – written and verbal (English).
- Excellent client and company focus.
- Accurate with good attention to detail.
- Good team player.
- Flexible time management.
- Approachable and amiable.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong commitment to organisation effectiveness and professional service delivery.
- Demonstrates drive, responsibility and resilience.
- Proactive approach to work.
- Ability to work as part of a team or automously.
- Able to second the Compliance Manager to supervise on compliance monitoring of the Risk Team and the organisation.