Adecco is an International HR and Consultancy firm. Our client, in the Real Estate Industry is looking for a Chief Financial Officer.
Our client, in the Real Estate Industry is looking for a Chief Financial Officer.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Chief Executive Officer for the day to day management of the company and its subsidiary companies.
• Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and Company’s long-term strategy
• Prepare financial feasibility studies for new projects;
• Develop tools and systems to provide relevant financial and operational information to management and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations;
• Inform the Board, audit and (investment) committees, where applicable around issues, trends and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery;
• Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, in the selection and engaging service providers;
• Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with the company’s strategic plan;
• Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution;
• Inform and cascade to the Management Team, the integrated business plan into departmental plans, to meet profitability objectives of existing or new projects;
• Ensure the company is meeting its performance objectives over the short and long-term (increase in profits, return on investment, etc.) and follow-up to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results;
• Represent the company to financial institutions, partners, including institutions, investors, foundations executives, auditors, public officials, etc.
Financial Management & Reporting
• Oversee the preparation of the company’s annual budget, business planning and systems management;
• Engage the members of the Board of directors as appropriate, to develop short, medium and long-term financial plans and projections;
• Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports, monthly P&L forecast compared to the approved budget;
• Ensure all cash flow is monitored, manage organizations financial resources and ensure proposals are made for budget amendments as and when necessary;
• Undertake complete analysis of financial results and develop recommendations;
• Undertake complete analysis of various business initiatives (e.g. commercial centre, Golf projects, IRS, etc.);
• Assist in development of financial planning and analysis of reports;
• Design, implement and maintain internal controls over financial procedures and financial reporting;
• Oversee the preparation and communication of quarterly and annual financial statements;
• Coordinate proper filling of Tax Returns with the MRA;
• Ensure that the legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions are met;
• Follow up with the Senior Accountant for all matters pertaining to the company’s insurance portfolio which includes the Property insurance, Pension and Medical scheme, etc.
• Manage the Company’s property matters consisting of leases with the tenants.
• University degree
• At least 8 -10 years’ post qualification experience
• Exposure to senior management
• Good knowledge of the Real Estate Industry is desirable
• Strategic thinking
• People Management
• Business acumen
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial
• Flexibility, resilience and adaptability to change
• Driven and assertive attitude
• Achievement focus
• Excellent communication (verbal & writing) skills and fluency in English and French